Apps installed on my iPhone 12 mini
- 1Writer is arguably the best iOS text editor, I use it via WebDAV to edit my Nextcloud Notes (a.k.a. The Jam) on the go; the app costs 5,50€.
- Affluences, to reserve seats and book meetings for my university.
- AGESCI, to manage personal scout events and data
- AnonAddy webapp
- Banca Etica webapp
- Bandcamp, mobile client for Bandcamp.
- ChatSecure, a free and open source XMPP messaging client
Cheon, an app which syncs with CalDAV to plan study hours. Does not have a desktop interface, so it is quite useless.
- Chime, the homologous of Hourly Reminder in iOS. Even though it is a relatively old app, it still works wonderfully
Cineast, a TMDb client. It costs 1,09€. I should not have payed. Buggy and slow.
CloudNotes, a notes app which syncs with Nextcloud Notes; it costs 2,30€. 1Writer is way better.
- Common Voice webapp
Cosmicast, a minimal and beautiful podcast player which syncs with MacOS through iCloud. It is proprietary software by Poetic Bytes and it costs 3,50€. Definitely not worth the price: the app is buggy, it has a lot of problems and limits; I moved to Apple Podcasts… it syncs perfectly and it allows importing RSS feeds.
CSV Editor, a 2,29€ minimal CSV editor which I use to edit on the go my data folder. It saves edited CSVs only locally!
- Element the most common Matrix client
- FiLMiC Pro, a super powerful app to boost video shooting from the phone and tweak as much settings as possible. I paid for it and it is not open source, because -unfortunately- there’s no app like it.
- Firefox, the best browser in the world, even if on iOS it is exactly like Safari but with the Firefox interface.
- Frame Grabber, a light and shiny Open Source app to extract frames from videos.
- FTPManager Pro, to easily transfer data to and from my servers and remote devices through SFTP. It costs 3,49€.
- Hype, the mobile client for Hype. Proprietary software.
- Imaging Edge Mobile, to import images from my Sony camera.
- IO, the very promising Open Source app to manage Italian public services
iSH, a terminal emulator fo iOS, not using it
- Jami, Open Source peer-to-peer communication app
- Jitsi Meet, video conferencing, same as on Mac
KeePass Touch, a bare-bones yet perfectly working KeePass manager, switched to the much better Strongbox
- Keybase, security and communication app
- Lightroom, same as on Mac (grrr).
Mast is a wonderful, simple and neat Mastodon client. Unfortunately, it is non-free software and it is developed by Poetic Bytes, in every sense; it costs 3,50€. Buggy and incomplete
- Metatext, open source Mastodon client, waiting for the official one.
- NetNewsWire, same as on MacOS
- Nextcloud, same as on Mac
- Odysee, a LBRY client
- OpenVPN Connect, OpenVPN iOS Client
- OutRun, fabulous Open Source sports tracking app
- PayPal, to pay for stuff
- PGPro, a [PGP Keys] manager and message encrypter and decrypter for iOS
- PhotoSync, part of my Photo importing workflow
- Piwigo, a lovely feature-packed mobile client for Piwigo
- Pixelfed, webapp, while waiting for the announced iOS Client
- Plausible, webapp
- Plum Village, meditation guiding
- Pocket, same as on Mac
- Apple Podcasts
- PosteID, to manage my virtual ID Card
- ProtonMail, to get my emails from my ProtonMail accounts. I need to use ProtonMail’s app because of its emails’ encryption.
- Rai Play, to watch shows and broadcasts the public Italian TV for free
- Refining Fire, encouraging Bible verses when needed
- Satispay, clever and fresh payment system developed in Italy
- ShellFish, arguably the best SSH app for iPhone
- Signal, same as on Mac, even if it is meant for mobile use.
- Spotify, we all know it. I am looking for valid alternatives
Step Two, a beautifully designed 2FA app which syncs with MacOS through iCloud, Strongbox does all the work admirably better
- Strides, the closest iOS alternative of the unbeatable [Loop Habit Tracker], which exists for Android only
- Strongbox, awesome, I would even say perfect Open Source KeePass client for iOS
- Telegram, same as on Mac
- [Toolbox Pro]
- Trenitalia, official app for Italian rails service
- Ultimate Guitar Tabs
- WhatsApp, same as on Mac
- Working Copy, handling GitHub repositories
- Zen Tuner, an open source minimal instrument tuner