Table of contents
This awesome and revolutionary tool we call the Internet is so powerful that it’s becoming a threat to the freedom of the average user, who, in exchange for services, hands over his/her data, therefore giving up personal independence and liberty.
Here are noted various arguments, thoughts, speeches, documents, ideas and step-by-step guides to achieve a healthier online experience.
Choose the alternative #
Just complaining, waiting for things to get better one way or another, believing that a conscious use is enough to keep clear from big tech negative impact is simply bullshit.
To change something, to make things better just switch to healthier, more ethical, often even much better alternatives.
Becoming free is a tricky topic by itself, but actually becoming free on the internet is very hard, if not impossible.
I wrote my own Road to Internet Freedom.
Random resources #
Random links about privacy online
- Privacy is power, a conversation with Clarissa Véliz
- My Year Without Google
- Free Software, Richard Stallman
- Richard Stallman’s website
- Privacy Tools there are a lot of cool references here
- Why Privacy Matters - TED
- Andy Yen (ProtonMail CEO) TED Talk
- Nothing to hide argument
- Blog article: how to live without tech giants
- Human by Design
- Ethical Design
- Tech diet (an AWESOME website)
- great video privacy
- Why AMP is bad
- Presa Diretta “riprendiamoci i nostri dati”
- Luke Smith’s stuff
- Open Media Codecs
- Google Watches You
- Movim, social network and XMPP messaging app
- Restore privacy - Google Alternatives
- Facebook Doesn’t tell users everything it really knows about them
- deGoogle by a single person
- Discussione di Filosofia di gruppo su Dieci ragioni per eliminare il proprio account sui social media. Il mio intervento a al minuto
- Do not track Documentary (2015)
- The Social Dilemma creators interview
- Switching Software
- Take Control of your tech life in seven moves
- WhatsApp vs Telegram vs Signal
- Why ditching WhatsApp - Vice
- EFF’s Surveillance Self Defense
- Open Wireless Movement