I believe the foundations of a peaceful, productive and full life are composed of a combination of habits and boundaries.
Below are the ones I set to myself.
The following decisions go hand in hand with [[The Slot Philosophy]], which is my main approach to [[Self improvement]]
- from 2013, stop playing any videogame and stop installing any game app on my mobile
- from June 2016, turning off all push notifications, except alarms and reminders
- you do not actually miss any message
- you can leave internet and everything turned on, nothing will distract you unless really important and worth your immediate attention
- from 9th November 2020, never use my laptop while in bed, except to watch movies
- by the end of 2020, stop sending voice notes longer than 45 seconds
- Either write or call.
- communications become stressful: if I record long audios, obviously I need to listen to them… and they pile up. This is not good nor healthy.
- by the end of 2020, quit Social Media
- since , do not watch more than a TV series episode a day — a.k.a. prevent binge-watching
A handful of links which led me to set some of the boundaries above.
- Everyday Systems That Help Me, by Tania Rascia
- A Case against optimizing your life, by Leo Babauta
- Turn off your Push Notifications, by @pierce on Wired