Why WhatsApp is not good #
- General Michael Hayden, former director of the NSA and the CIA
The perks of Signal are simple:
- no data is collected except your phone number
- While remaining a super neat and simple messaging app, it uses military-grade encryption by default
- Its source code is open and publicly audited, which means that anyone could check how Signal works and verify its actual respect of the user’s privacy
- Signal is owned by a nonprofit: anything about Signal has the sole purpose of serving the user, not making money. Signal survives only thanks to donations and investments.