I am a clumsy, messy, confused guy, and I need to work hard to achieve a result that a more determined and focused guy may accomplish in much less time and with greater ease. Below are some of the practices I adopt do be more self-aware, and to improve myself both physically and spiritually.
- self-debugging: sitting down, breathing, switching off anything which is switchable, and debug yourself, as you would do with a program
- self tracking: Keeping track of anything which has to or shouldnt’t occur repetitively
- loops: acquire habits and take advantage of them to waste less time
- boundaries: set some constraints and limit by yourself your own daily freedom, in order to achieve a greater one on an higher level
- monotasking: one thing at a time, only one. One.
- esame di coscienza: every day, at the end of the day, check what has been accomplished and what went wrong
- mindfulness is becoming very popular and more and more people start doing it. The art of training the mind to focus and commit to the present by gifting it with few minutes a day of complete nothingness.
- being a self editor: understanding what is important for the self in the whole life picture, as an editor does with its movie.